Kyrie Irving was named the Eastern Conference’s Player of the Week for the week of March 9 to March 15. He scored 22 points against the Mavericks, put up a dazzling offensive display against the Spurs with 57 points, and followed it up with a 33 point effort against the Magic. He averaged a league-best 37.3 points, 4.0 rebounds, 4.6 assists, and 2.3 steals in those three games. Here are Irving’s top 5 plays of the week, starting with number 5:
5. Kyrie Irving drives baseline past Victor Oladipo and euro-steps around Channing Frye for a short floater.
Click “Next” to see the fourth best play by Kyrie Irving this past week!
4. Kyrie Irving fakes taking the pick from Timofey Mozgov and goes behind the back, forcing Tony Parker to go under the screen, and freeing Irving up for the three-pointer
Click “Next” to see the third best play by Kyrie Irving this past week!
3. Against the Mavericks, Kyrie takes the James Jones screen, drives hard to the cup, and throws the hammer down!
Click “Next” to see the second best play by Kyrie Irving this past week!
2. Kyrie Irving uses a series of fakes and hesitation moves to work around the Spurs, get to the basket, and finish nicely over Danny Green
Alex Sabri ·
Click “Next” to see the best play by Kyrie Irving this past week!
1. Kyrie Irving catches the inbounds pass from LeBron, steps right up to the three-point line and knocks down the tightly-contested, game-tying, buzzer-beater to send the Cavs into overtime. In overtime, Irving would score eight points and put the Spurs away.