Yesterday (Christmas Day), Kyrie Irving‘s long-awaited new signature shoe: the Kyrie 3’s, were released to the public. Irving is well-known for being good friends with many celebrities and athletes, so, naturally, he prepared quite a few boxes of his new shoes to be given as holiday gifts.
Some of the names who are to receive a pair of Kyrie 3’s from the man himself include:
– Kobe Bryant (Irving’s mentor)
– LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers teammate)
– UEFA superatars: Christiano Ronaldo and Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior
– NFL players: Richard Sherman, Zeke Elliot, Antonio Brown, Victor Cruz, and Odell Beckham Jr.
– Tennis legends: Roger Federer and Serena Williams
– The Ohio State University stand-out: Ted Ginn
– WNBA stars: Sue Bird, Skylar Diggins, and Elena Delle Donne
– PGA golfers: Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) December 25, 2016
Irving’s new signature shoe, which will be priced around $120, is slated to be available in several unique colorways, including Cleveland Cavaliers Wine and Gold, the team colors of Duke University, and a special “Black Ice” scheme.
The third Kyrie shoe catapults from what has worked so well with the first two Nike Kyrie installments – the curved outsole, Zoom Air – and adds on two independent traction pods at the forefoot and an integrated forefoot band. The pods on the lateral and medial forefoot are emphasized with bright colors, while Dynamic Flywire cables aid with the lockdown on the forefoot band.
The Kyrie 3 is rife with personal details as well; returning is the “JBY” logo, representing Kyrie’s personal “Just Be Yourself” motto, and “H+H”, the “Hungry and Humble” message passed down from his father Drederick. Roman numerals VIII and XIII represent his late mother’s birthday on August 13th; the same graphic is tattooed on Kyrie’s wrists. Finally, his daughter’s name Azurie as well as his mother’s name Elizabeth can be found outside the visible Zoom Air window on the sole.”
All things considered, this truly is a nice gesture from Uncle Drew.